New York Technology Council – Legal Essentials for Startups: Part 2 of 3 – Financing the Entity, at Anchin NYC on November 27 2012.
How to finance your startup company and avoid common legal pitfalls along the way.
• Paul Ellis, Principal, Paul Ellis Law Group LLC
• Frode Jensen, Partner, Holland & Knight LLP
• Jerrold Spiegel, Partner, Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz
• Various sources of equity financing — friends and family, angels and venture capital firms (VCs)
• Most common ways of structuring equity financing
• The process of negotiating and closing an early-stage financing
• Bootstrapping and other strategies to avoid or postpone the need for equity financing