The Walt Disney Company announced the 11 startup companies that have been selected for a special mentorship and investment program. In partnership with TechStars, the Disney Accelerator is a fifteen-week immersive program which gives companies access to mentorship from top Disney executives, up to $120,000 in investment capital to develop their companies, as well as special access to resources from across The Walt Disney Company.
To kick off the program, participating companies will meet with various mentors, such as Robert A. Iger and leaders from Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, ABC, ESPN and Walt Disney Imagineering. Selected companies will develop mentorship relationships and work together to build and expand business plans, product launches, marketing campaigns, and formulate long-term strategies. The program culminates with a Demo Day in October, where each team will present their company to industry leaders, Disney executives, and the entrepreneurial community.
The selected companies represent a diverse cross-section of technology-driven media and entertainment from many different geographies. The 11 companies selected to participate in the Disney Accelerator program are:
- Buzzstarter – Buzzstarter is the world’s first scalable programmatic content marketing platform.
- ChoreMonster – ChoreMonster is a web and mobile platform that makes chores fun for kids and turns parents into superheroes.
- Codarica – Codarica serves as children’s first interaction into the world of code with help from characters Cody Coder and Holly Hacker.
- Cogo – Cogo provides video monetization solutions for content creators.
- Jogg – Jogg simplifies the act of acquiring video from anyone. Users can gather, edit and share much more than just video from their own device.
- Sphero – Sphero is the connected play company, which fuses digital and physical play by creating robots that you control with a smart device.
- Sidelines – Sidelines fixes the problem of substandard online discussions and comments by sourcing smart, high-quality discussions from its curated team of over 400 experts, and distributing these discussions to publishers based on relevance.
- SnowShoe – SnowShoe makes simple, magical pieces of plastic that interact with touch screens to create the perfect bridge between physical items and digital content.
- Twigtale – Twigtale provides parents with personalized, high-quality, accessible expert advice for every major transition a child undergoes.
- TYFFON – TYFFON is an entertainment app development company and creator of the ZombieBooth series with more than 25 million total downloads.
- Ubooly – Ubooly is a learning toy that talks and listens to kids. Ubooly can be customized to know your child’s nule, teach lessons, and much more.
– See more at: http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-news/press-releases/2014/07/walt-disney-company-announces-participants-its-startup-accelerato#sthash.c9LhaJMM.dpuf