The following are some hypothetical classes that I’m thankful they don’t teach at places like Y Combinator, TechStars and 500 Startups.
11 Classes They Shouldn’t Teach Founders
1. Dress To Impress VCs: The Art of Wearing A Tie
2. Click, Drag, Extrapolate: How to Use Excel For Startup Financial Projections
3. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Writing a Business Plan.
4. My Parking Spot: A Founder’s Guide To Executive Benefits
5. The Care and Feeding Of a Tradeshow Booth Babe(*)
6. How To Design Software Systems For Infinite Scale on Day Zero
7. You Win, They Lose: Brass-Knuckled Tactics To Use Against Your Team
8. Ego Marketing: How To Buy A Superbowl Ad
10. How To Be a Patent Troll For Fun and Profit
11. Selling On Stage: Hocking Your Wares To An Unsuspecting Conference Audience
* For the record, I completely detest the whole idea of a booth babe. Reprehensible.
What are some of the classes you’re thankful they don’t teach? Please share in the comments.
Looking for other startup fanatics? Request access to the OnStartups LinkedIn Group. 130,000+ members and growing daily.
Oh, and by the way, you should follow me on twitter: @dharmesh.